Friday, July 28, 2006

In the Library!

Yesterday I went to Trevor Knight's leaving do. A lot of Councillors, past and present were there. I'm surprised none of the Tory Councillors turned up for the Pimms and
Strawberries!:-)

The speeches were very entertaining and paid tribute to the immense contribution Trevor had made. Good luck to him in his bfuture activities.

I am impressed that the number of Sutton Central Library visits have increased by 79,000 (18%) up to 525,600 in the year after the refurbishment. I know I have certainly used it a lot more since the layout was changed and it was easier to find where books are.

I would be interested in age stats for this as I suspect a lot more younger adults use the library, though I suspect some older residents were a bit nervous of ther new system. However the staff do seem very helpful in reassuring visitors.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm afraid that I don't remember receiving an invitation, though i had a meeting that night anyway. As a new councillor I didn't know Trevor too well, though he is obviously very popular and has some great successes so deserves a good send off.

3:32 pm, August 03, 2006  
Blogger Charlie Mansell said...

As it was a leaving do, perhaps it was only sent to Councillors and former who he knew.

4:26 pm, August 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could have made it to say goodbye to an officer and a gentleman such as Trevor,but duty called and I attended a meeting of the Housing performance committiee.

7:07 pm, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Charlie Mansell said...

Quite right too.

5:39 pm, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home